Train your own maintenance staff to supervise the factory “authorized” technicians who do maintenance on your equipment.
Ensure the following is done:
- Disconnect the battery charger before replacing the battery.
- Replace the lead acid battery every 30 months. (NFPA 110,Chapter 8, A.188.8.131.52.1)
– Battery Testing
– Clean and tighten the battery connections.
- Make sure they change the oil and use the correct oil.
– Don’t let them use a chain wrench on the oil and fuel filters!
- Change coolant regularly.
- Don’t let them pencil-whip the paperwork
- Test complete system from a transfer switch for 30 minutes after service (NFPA 110, Chapter 184.108.40.206)
- Replace batteries in the automatic transfer switch every 3 years.
- Make sure the coolant heaters and hoses are checked.
More to come-much,much, more!
Our Legal Disclaimer:
All information expressed by Standby Power Solutions, LLC or its officers is strictly the opinion of Standby Power Solutions, LLC.
Standby Power Solutions, LLC disclaims any liability for any personal injury, property, or other damages of any nature whatsoever, whether special, indirect, consequential, or compensatory directly or indirectly resulting from the publication, use of, or reliance on this website or any information derived thereof. Standby Power Solutions, LLC also makes no guaranty or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of any information contained herein. Anyone using this website should rely on his or her own independent judgment, or as appropriate, seek the advice of a competent professional in determining the exercise of reasonable care in any given circumstances. ©2021 by Standby Power Solutions, LLC. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without express written permission.